We sell our bollitos frozen and you should also keep them in the freezer until it's the time to cook them. Their cooking time is 35 mins.
1) Choose a pan that is big enough to hold the number of bollitos you want to cook. Once chosen, fill it with water and bring the water to boil. Tip: Don't fill it with too much water though, remember that you will put the bollitos in the pan soon after. You don't want the boiling water to overflow.
2) Take the bollitos from the freezer and submerge them into the boiling water. Ensure that the water covers the bollitos so that they can cook thoroughly.
3) Let the bollitos boil for 30 mins Tip: Turn them over from time to time to ensure they cook well.
4) When the time is up, take them out and let them rest for 3 min. Cut the string and dispose of the plantain leaves that wraps them. Tip: Handle them with care as they can still be very hot and they can slip from your hands too.
5) Serve them flat on a plate and they are ready to eat. We highly recommend you accompany your bollito with slices asado negro or pernil that we also sell here on our Arepa eShop.